THE AUTOMOTIVE WORLD IS EVOLVING FASTER THAN EVER
Growing awareness of the emissions has led the regulatory bodies to implement stringent emission regulations. In response, OEMs are manufacturing more hybrids and electric vehicles.
The transition to hybrid and full electric vehicles introduces additional and more complex cooling requirements and electrically driven replacement of mechanical drive systems with higher powertrain compactness and power density. The requirements and demands on product performance continue to increase as industry and OEM strategies are implemented to meet these standards.
GATES ACCESSORY DRIVE SOLUTIONS FOR HYBRIDS
Gates® E-Start™ Micro-V® belts serve as a core component of next generation starter generator systems, promoting increased fuel efficiency, smaller and virtually silent operation.
Designed specifically for BSG drives, Gates® E-Start™ Micro-V® belts are made with a unique rubber compound, aramid cord reinforcements with a higher cord pack and adhesion gum, as compared to our standard premium Micro-V® belts. The Electro-Mechanical Drive (EMD) System allows starter-generator systems to use an advanced belt drive for a smooth and almost completely silent vehicle start-up, requiring a belt with a tough construction.
Gates® E-Start™ Micro-V® belts are designed to handle the high forces needed to endure all the starts and stops of the engine. As the automotive industry transitions from ICE to Hybrid and electric vehicles, belt-driven stop/start systems are moving to the forefront
- Next Generation EPDM — Gates® E-Start™ Micro-V® belts are specially constructed using a high-performance rubber compound, enhanced cord material and advanced adhesion technology
- Engineered for BAS or BSG Start/Stop Systems — Gates® E-Start™ Micro-V® belts serve as a core component of next-generation starter generator systems, promoting increased fuel efficiency, smaller and virtually silent operation
- Designed to Eliminate Noise — The Electro-Mechanical Drive (EMD) System allows starter-generator systems to use an advanced belt drive for a smooth and almost completely silent vehicle start-up for increased driving comfort
- High Performance — Delivering more than 600,000 starts
- Increased Load Capacity — High strength and fatigue resistance to withstand loading from BSG systems
- Uses the alternator as a generator to turn/start engine
- OE Size and Precision Fit — Meets or exceeds demanding OE performance requirements and replaces the original belt that comes on your vehicle
GATES® AUTOMOTIVE ACCESSORY BELT COMPONENT KITS
kitsmake it easy to perform proper serpentine system service. A single part number gets you everything you need in one package. Belt drive components are wear parts, not hard parts. Gates has all the required components for a complete serpentine system replacement.
To avoid breakdowns, be system smart and repair the full serpentine system, and not just a single part.
- Precise allocation to specific vehicles (coverage for hundreds of millions of vehicles globally)
- Perfectly matched components
- OE-quality parts for a complete system restoration
- Reduced comebacks and warranty returns
- Simple ordering; no more sourcing parts separately
- Gates® E-Start™ Micro-V® Belt(s)
- Related E-Start™ Micro-V® Tensioner(s)
- Idler Pulley(s) included as required, per system
- Supporting Hardware and Technical Service Bulletins for troublesome applications